Welcome to the Sun SPOT Emulator!
The Sun SPOT software includes an emulator capable of running Sun SPOT software just the way the physical Sun SPOT does – either for testing or when a real Sun SPOT is not available.
Virtual Sun SPOTs appear in a graphical window that depicts their sensor panel, controls, and outer casing. Programs running on a virtual Sun SPOT can do almost anything a physical Sun SPOT can do, including:
- change LED color and illumination
- set digital pin output levels
- receive and send messages by radio (network emulated)
- sense the emulated light level and temperature
- sense emulated acceleration
- sense pushing of emulated switch buttons and the reset button
- sense emulated digital pin input levels and analog input voltages
Using your mouse, you can control the emulated environment sensed by the virtual Sun SPOT.